Welcome back to our Sunday Suppers, where we explore delightful and nostalgic dishes that bring families together around the dining table. This week, we’re taking a delicious trip down memory lane to a time when Jell-O molds were the epitome of summertime treats. Join us as we cherish the memories of the past, celebrating the art of preparing meals with love, and discovering how we can reconnect with our roots in the fast-paced world of pre-made treats. So, let’s dive into the wobbly wonderland of Jell-O Fruit Salad!
- 1 package (3 oz) of your favorite flavored gelatin (e.g., strawberry, cherry, or orange)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup diced mixed fresh fruits (e.g., strawberries, grapes, peaches, and pineapple)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows (optional for added sweetness and texture)
- In a mixing bowl, empty the contents of the flavored gelatin package.
- Pour the boiling water over the gelatin and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Add the cold water to the mixture and stir again.
- Let the gelatin mixture cool slightly for about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the diced mixed fresh fruits into the gelatin mixture. If you’re using mini marshmallows, add them in now as well.
- Pour the entire mixture into a 4-cup mold or a serving dish of your choice. Alternatively, you can use individual molds or cups for a fun presentation.
- Refrigerate the Jell-O Fruit Salad for at least 2-3 hours or until it is fully set. Overnight chilling is even better for optimal flavor and texture.
- Once set, remove the Jell-O Fruit Salad from the mold, or if you used a serving dish, you can serve it directly from there.
Are you or a loved one looking for a companion to cook a fun meal like this with? Click below to find a location near you – we may have the perfect companion waiting for you!our locations